The event begins Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Pardon Gray Preserve on Main Road, Tiverton.
Free for adults. There is a $5 fee for parking with all proceeds going toward trail and habitat maintenance at Pardon Gray Preserve.
- Pumpkin decorating (they get to keep the pumpkin);
- Hay rides;
- Scarecrow building (limited quantities of clothing, please bring your own long sleeve shirts and long pants if possible);
- An appearance from Don't Forget Us Pet Us, a rescue organization located in Dartmouth, MA who rehabilitates animals for a pet therapy program;
- Face painting and temporary tattoos;
- Up close visits with Tiverton police car and fire truck, photo opportunities at touch-a-truck;
- "Scrimshaw" carving with staff from the New Bedford Whaling Museum;
- Digging into Tiverton's largest sandbox, and the old standby activities with hula hoops, bean bag tosses, giant bubble making, sack races and much more.
Adults Can Have Fun, Too
Adults will be able to play along with their kids and then visit local crafters and vendors.
Music entertainment goes on throughout the day and a visit to the tractor pull area is fun for everyone.
The New England Antique Tractor and Truck Association will have a display of tractors and vehicles from bygone years.
And, of course the day would not be complete without out great food.
Hot dogs, burgers, the famous sausage with pepper and onions on a torpedo role grilled to perfection by John Foley's kitchen crew highlight the menu.
But save room for a slice of home baked pie with a free scoop of a local favorite, Gray's Ice Cream. And, if the kids would prefer cotton candy, that is available, too.
Scheduled Stage Performances
11 a.m. - Sibling Rivalry -a brother and sister duet
Noon - Gary Farias - local artist, singer, songwriter http://www.garyjamesfarias.com
1 p.m. - MaxMan - From RI Resource & Recovery
1:15 p.m. - Dance Fusion http://www.dancefusionri.com
2 - Bochek - Teen band https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bochek
3 - Pooch Parade - show off your dog....prizes for all. Dogs must be registered at the welcome tent and after parading before the 'judges', prizes will be awarded to the top three dogs which will be chosen by a random drawing.
All participants get an award and then the random drawing will give the third place dog a $15 award, an award of $25 to the second place dog and finally a trophy and an award of $50 to "Tiverton's Dog of the Year for 2013"