When does Super Bowl 2013 Kickoff ?
Who: The Ravens vs. The 49ers
Kickoff Time: Sunday, Feb. 3 at 6:30 p.m. ET
Where: New Orleans, LA at Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Watch the Super Bowl on streaming: CBSSports.com
Listen to the Super Bowl: Sirus XM Radio: 88
Halftime: Beyonce' will be the featured performer and will have her own battle to fight. Beyonce' was involved with a heated controversy after she admitted to lip-syncing the U.S. national anthem at the inauguration last month.
You don't have to be a fan of either the San Francisco 49ers or the Baltimore Falcons to be excited about Sunday's Super Bowl. West coast vs. east coast is about as classic a rivalry as it gets. Not a NFL Fan? Super Bowl Sunday is not just for diehards.
If it's a family affair: The Ravens are coached by John Harbaugh. The 49ers are coached by Jim Harbaugh, also known as John's kid brother. Talk about sibling rivalry! It's just the sort of scenario many of us with older (and younger) brothers dreamed about.
Is it live, or is it taped: Pop superstar Beyonce, whose performance at last month's inaugural turned out to be mimed (to a recording of her own voice), says she will absolutely be singing live at half time.
What's your favorite commercial: This is also the Super Bowl of the ad industry, as America's biggest brands compete to make you laugh (Doritos), cry (Budweiser) and buy their products (everyone). This year's choices have their share of controversy: Is the Volkswagen ad featuring a Minnesota guy talking like Bob Marley racist or not? Is the Mercedes ad featuring Kate Upton sexist, or all in good fun?
Five Fun Facts About the Super Bowl
- This year, a 30-second commercial costs $4 million, up from 3.5 million last year and $42,000 in 1967, according to Time.
- NFL football fans are anticipated to consume an estimated 71.4 million pounds of Hass avocados during Big Game gatherings this year, according to the Hass Avocado Board.
- If you still think the 1983 season finale of M*A*S*H was the most-watched broadcast in the U.S., think again. The 2010 Super Bowl between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts stole that title, only to be beaten exactly one year later when 111 million people tuned in to watch the 2011 Super Bowl between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to Nielsen Co. That record was broken again last year when 111.3 million people watched the Giants beat the Patriots, according to ESPN.go.com.
- Heading into the game, the 49ers are 5-0 in Super Bowls and the Ravens are 1-0 in Super Bowls.
- Super Bowl XLVII is the first time in professional sports history that siblings will play each other. John Harbaugh coaches the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49ers, according to SB Nation.
Do you have a score prediction for the Super Bowl? Tell us in the comments! v