Possession of Marijuana
Robert Pimentel, 20, of 270 Pearce St. Apt. 1, Fall River, was arrested on Aug. 3 at 10:40 p.m. and charged with possession of marijuana, first offense, and driving in possession of a controlled substance. Tiverton Police stopped a Pimental's car on Main Road because he was missing a headlight. Police allegedly detected the odor of burnt marijuana coming from vehicle and a subsequent search revealed two suspected marijuana pipes - one glass, one metal - and a plastic baggie containing marijuana. Police arrested Pimental and we was later released on a summons for a court appearance.
Underage and Over the Limit
Christian M. Faulkner, 20, of 36 Cliff St., Tiverton, was arrested on Aug. 4 at 2:47 a.m. and charged with driving while impaired and driving without a license - both misdemeanors. Police responded to Chace Avenue at 2:20 a.m. for a report of collision between a small sports car and a parked car. According to reports, Faulkner's sports car had extreme front-end damage and allegedly detected the odor of alcohol coming from Faulkner's, who was 19 at the time of the crash, breath. Faulkner failed a field sobriety test and registered a .036 on the preliminary breath test - the legal limit for persons under 21 is .02. Based on that Faulkner was transported to Tiverton Police headquarters where he registered a .028 and .029 on the chemical test.
He was arraigned in Second Division District Court on Aug. 9 and released on $1,000 personal recognizance.
40-Year-Old Man Allegedly Assaults 8-Year-Old
Andrew Balus, 40, of 37 Pershing Ave, Tiverton, was arrested on Aug. 4 at 4:37 p.m. and charged with simple assault. According to reports, the mother of an 8-year-old girl complained to police on July 29 that Balus pushed her daughter in the chest, causing her pain while she was in the care of her grandmother. Tiverton Police conducted an investigation and issued a warrant for Balus' arrest.
Balus was released on $1,000 personal recognizance awaiting his court date.
You Can Run...
Jason Jones, 18, of 86 Norseman Drive, Portsmouth, was arrested on Aug. 6 at 11:10 a.m. and charged with violating a no contact order, eluding police, and driving without a license. According to reports, police attempted to stop Jone on July 3 on Main Road because Jones and his passenger were allegedly not wearing seat belts. Jones allegedly ran from police and crossed over into Fall River before stopping his car near St. Anne's Credit Union on South Main St. and escaping on foot. He was picked up and sentenced to serve a 30 days at the ACI.
Domestic Disorderly, Vandalism
- Michael Peixoto, 35, of 136 Lepes Road, Tiverton, was arrested on Aug. 8 at 4:57 p.m. and charged with domestic disorderly conduct and domestic vandalism after he allegedly began screaming at his ex-wife and broke a mirror off of her car. He was arraigned and released.
- Nicholas Lewis, 22, of 909 Main Road, Apt. 3, Tiverton, was arrested on Aug. 7 at 12:19 a.m. and charged with domestic assault after he allegedly pushed his live-in girlfriend down on a bed during an argument.
Micholas Libutti, 20, and James Libutti, 22, both of 221 West Main Road, Little Compton, were arrested on Aug. 12 at around 4 a.m. and charged with one count each of domestic simple assault and domestic disorderly conduct. According to reports, police received a report of two men fighting in the road near Tiverton Four Corners at about 2:45 a.m. and both men allegedly admitted to being involved in a fight. Both were released at 10 a.m. the next day after an arraignment.
Anthony Varanese Facchiano, 26, of 191 Lawton St., Fall River, was arrested on Sunday, Aug. 12 at 11:24 p.m. and charged with driving under the influence, first offense, and refusal to submit to a chemical test. Police stopped Facchiano's car on Stafford Road after allegedly watching is swerving and driving erratically. Facchiano failed a field sobriety test and failed to take a breath test.
Acting Strange and Estranged
Loretta A Piccirilli, 45, of 210 Douglas Drive, North Kingstown, was arrested on Monday, Aug. 13 at 4:36 a.m. and charge with domestic breaking and entering and domestic disorderly conduct. Police allege Piccirilli broke into her estranged husband's home and was taking pictures of him on her cell phone and refused to leave.
- Michael Martin, 33, of 173 Stafford Road, Fall River, was arrested on Sunday, Aug. 12 at 12:42 p.m. and on a bench warrant for failure to appear for a payment review from Second Division District Court after police stopped a car he was riding in for speeding on Route 24.
- David Baker, 53, of 772 Globe St. Apt. 1, Fall River, was arrested on Aug. 10 at 3:12 p.m. on charges that he was a fugitive from justice. After police stopped a car he was riding in on Main Road for tailgating, police realized he was wanted on a Massachusetts warrant for felony larceny. He was turned over to the Massachusetts courts.
- Lee Sovannary, 20, of 909 Main Road, Tiverton, was arrested on Aug. 6 at 11:54 p.m. on a Second Division District Court bench warrant for failure to appear.
- Daniel Loynds, 39, of 111 Bishop St., Pawtucket, was arrested on Aug. 4 at 7:50 p.m. after the car he was riding in was stopped by police and a computer check shoed Loynds was wanted on two bench warrants - on from Superior Court and one from District Court for failure to appear. Loynds was held without bail and transferred the Adult Correctional Institution in Cranston.