Weather: Monday will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers after 11 a.m. Showers will continue through the night, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Participate in local goverment:
Today in Tiverton the Open Space Commission will meet at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall, 343 Highland Road.
The Wastewater Management Commission will meet today at 5 p.m. at the Community Center, 346 Judson Ave., Tiverton.
In Little Compton today there are no local government meetings.
2. There will be a senior community luncheon today at 11:30 a.m. at the Little Compton Community Center in the Commons.
3. The Art Stable Gallery, located on Main Road in Westport, MA, is seeking is a prime art spot seeking artists to exhibit and sell in the gallery this summer and fall.
This fine arts gallery exhibits painting, drawing, photography,
sculpture, and is looking to add ambitious and contemporary artists.
Submissions in the following mediums are applicable: oil,
watercolor, acrylic, monotype, mixed, metal.
If you are interested in
submitting please send an email for a prospectus to:
4. Rhode Island Division of Elderly Affairs is joining with its community partners to sponsor more than 35 open enrollment events across the state between October 15 and December 7, to help beneficiaries review their Medicare health care and
Medicare Prescription Drug (Medicare Part D) plans. Need help to make informed choices for 2013? Talk to a State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) counselor.
Appointments are required. To learn more about Medicare Open Enrollment events
happening across the state, call the RI Division of Elderly Affairs at 401-462-3000. TTY 401-462-0740.
5. On this day in 1964, African American civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his nonviolent resistance to racial prejudice in America. At 35 years of age, the Georgia-born minister was the youngest person ever to receive the award.