Weather: Friday will start off cloudy with pockets of heavy fog before skies clear, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Protest tolls on the Sakonnet River Bridge today. Tiverton STOP - the local grassroots committee organizing against tolls will be touting signs and showing up in opposition to the tolls today at the bridge's official opening ceremony today at 10 a.m.
The parking lot is near the bridge deck of the original structure, take I-195 East to Route 24 South to Exit 5 (Main Rd.). Take a left off of the exit. Take the first right where a police officer will guide you to the closed on-ramp to the old bridge. Please park on the bridge deck.
2. The left lanes of Route 24 northbound and southbound at Exit 6 (Fish Rd.) could be closed for possible for guardrail work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., according to the state Department of Transportation.
3. Dine out! The Senior Community Luncheon is at 11:30 a.m. today at the Little Compton Community Center at the Commons.
4. Check out Kettlebell Group Training toady at 8 a.m. at the ABC Studio at Four Corners Fitness. The Russian kettlebell is well known for setting fat on fire, sculpting, toning, strengthening and increasing flexibility in the body!
5. On this day in 2011, Steve Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple Inc., which revolutionized the computer, music and mobile communications industries with such devices as the Macintosh, iPod, iPhone and iPad, dies at age 56 of complications from pancreatic cancer.