Weather: Today will be a rainy one with temperature highs in the low-60s. Showers could develop into thunderstorms during the night, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Tiverton Fire Department Chief Robert Lloyd is warning residents not to donate any telephone-based fire department fundraisers. Lloyd has been unable to contact the company conducting the fundraiser and said that the Tiverton Fire Department is not involved.
2. Groove with local musicians at the Sandywoods Farm Art and Agricultural Community for the Tiverton 1st Benefit Concert. Local artists will perform live starting at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $10.
3. It's time for another Senior Community Luncheon today at the Little Compton Senior Center, located in the commons, at 11:30 a.m.
4. Relax at ABC Studio at Four Corner Fitness today. Yoga with David begins at 9 a.m. and classes cost $15 per session.
5. On this day in 1941, the Boston Red Sox's Ted Williams plays a double-header against the Philadelphia Athletics on the last day of the regular season and gets six hits in eight trips to the plate, to boost his batting average to .406 and become the first player since Bill Terry in 1930 to hit .400. Williams, who spent his entire career with the Sox, played his final game exactly 19 years later, on September 28, 1960, at Boston’s Fenway Park and hit a home run in his last time at bat, for a career total of 521 homeruns.