Today's Weather: There will be a chance of showers today 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Overnight there will be a slight chance of showers before 10pm. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 59, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Join your neighbors this weekend for the 9th annual South Coast Artists Open Studios Tour and relish the experience of meeting local artists in their natural environment. Follow the map from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, July 21-22 and keep an eye out for the blue and white “Open Studio Tour” signs. Many of the artists on the tour will be demonstrating just how they create their one-of-a-kind artworks.
2. Jump into nature! Find out if the bird you're looking at is a piping plover or a sandpiper at The Nature Conservancy in Rhode Island's Benjamin Family Environmental Center situated on the hill above While you're there, check out the new exhibits and displays and find out about upcoming local events! The center opens at 11 a.m.
3. Eat Local. There will be a today at at 11:30 a.m. the luncheon is open to all seniors and is free of charge.
4. Computer Help. The offers weekly drop-in computer sessions every Friday from 2pm - 4pm in the Reference Room. Receive one-on-one assistance learning a new program or computer skill. All ages and skill levels welcome. Call to make an appointment or just drop by anytime during these hours.
5. On July 20, 1969 at 10:56 p.m. EDT, American astronaut Neil Armstrong, 240,000 miles from Earth, speaks these words to more than a billion people listening at home: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Stepping off the lunar landing module Eagle, Armstrong became the first human to walk on the surface of the moon.