Weather: It will be mostly sunny today with highs near 79 degrees. Clouds will run in overnight, according to the National Weather Service.
1. It's Victory Day in Rhode Island. The Ocean State is the last US state to celebrate the holiday commemorating Japan's surrender marking the end of World War II. Check out this list of what is and isn't open today around Tiverton and Little Compton.
2. Learn to quilt today at the Tiverton Senior Center at 9 a.m.
3. Get fit and feel great with ExTension Exercise Classes. For more information, call Mary at 401-418-3905.
Classes cost $12 and begin at 8:45 a.m. at the Unite Congregational Church in Little Compton.
4. It's Stump Trivia at Wally's Tap House in Tiverton on Monday nights! Bring some friends and grab some food and a drink! Stump Trivia's game structure promises to be a lot of fun and the top two teams of the night leave with lots of prizes.
The game starts around 8 p.m., so get there a little early to get a good seat.
5. Shortly after midnight on this day in 1961, East German soldiers begin laying down barbed wire and bricks as a barrier between Soviet-controlled East Berlin and the democratic western section of the city.