Weather: Expect scattered showers early in the morning today. Skies will clear for a few hours midday before clouds roll in over night, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Join the fight against the Sakonnet River Bridge toll. Tiverton STOP - Sakonnet Toll Opposition Platform - is a grassroots citizen-driven organization dedicated to fighting the installation of open-road tolling on Route 24 and the Sakonnet River Bridge
2. Running for office in Tiverton or Little Compton? Participate in Patch's 2012 local election guide and let your constituents know what you're all about.
3. Tiverton's Economic Development Commission will not meet tonight, according the the Secretary of State's website.
4. Looking for help, support, or guidance when dealing with Alzheimer's? Join All About Home Care's Director of Nursing, Kerry, on the 4th Thursday of every month at the Newport Hospital Library! The group will meet tonight at 5 p.m.
It is free of charge and open to the public. If you are interested or have any questions please call Kerry at (401)846-0727 or email her at email@example.com
5. On this day in 1938, President Franklin Roosevelt writes to German Chancellor Adolf Hitler regarding the threat of war in Europe. The German chancellor had been threatening to invade the Sudetenland of Czechoslovakia and, in the letter, his second to Hitler in as many days, Roosevelt reiterated the need to find a peaceful resolution to the issue.