Weather: Monday will be mostly sunny with a high near 67 degress. Expect a clear night as well, according to the National Weather Service .
1. Tiverton's Harbor Management Commission will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center, 346 Judson St.
The town is in the process of soliciting bids for the new Marine 1 vessel. The pump-out boat will be replaced at a cost of $56,250. About 75 percent would be covered by a grant. To review the agenda, click here.
2. It's evaluation day for Tiverton's junior basketball players looking to shoot hoops in Division C. Come prepared to play with sneakers and a drink. 9 year-olds start at 6:00pm and end at 7:00pm. 8 year olds start at 7:00pm and end at 8:00pm. Do not bring a ball.
3. Experience kettlebell training at the ABC Studios at Four Corners Fitness. The Russian kettlebell is well known for setting fat on fire, sculpting, toning, strengthening and increasing flexibility in the body!
Experience the power of this incredible tool! Classes begin at 8 a.m. and the cost is $15.
4. Running for office in Tiverton or Little Compton? Submit your profile and participate in our 2012 election guide.
5. On Oct. 1, 1961, New York Yankee Roger Maris becomes the first-ever major-league baseball player to hit more than 60 home runs in a single season. The great Babe Ruth set the record in 1927; Maris and his teammate Mickey Mantle spent 1961 trying to break it. After hitting 54 homers, Mantle injured his hip in September, leaving Maris to chase the record by himself. Finally, in the last game of the regular season, Maris hit his 61st home run against the Boston Red Sox. (The league-champion Yanks won the game 1-0.)