Weather: Today will be mostly cloudy, according to the National Weather Service.
1. For information on how you can help with cleanup from Hurricane Sandy, click here.
2. Join Common Cause Rhode Island on Thursday November 1st from 6-8pm at the Warwick Crowne Plaza for our 42nd Annual Meeting, a dinner featuring Professor Lawrence Lessig, the Roy L. Furman Professor of Law and Leadership at Harvard Law School and Director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University.
3. The Pell Center presents Mexico: Transborder Crime and Governance today at 6:30 p.m. at 100 Ochre Point Ave., Newport.
The US-Mexico border has been a source of tremendous controversy in both countries. Historically, it has been the main site of illegal immigration into the US, but also of over 200 million legal crossings every year. More recently, it has been marked by intense violence on the Mexican side, but low level of crime on the US side. And it remains one of the busiest commercial crossings in the world. How can both countries collaborate to manage their border -- from law enforcement to commerce, from migration to stewardship of shared natural resources?
4. The Holy Ghost Church offers 40 Hours of Prayers for the 2012 election today starting at 8 a.m. at the church on Judson Street in Tiverton.
5. On this day in 1512, The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, one of Italian artist Michelangelo's finest works, is exhibited to the public for the first time, .