1. in Little Compton
Monday, Sept. 26 is National Family Day - a day to eat dinner with your children. This day was launched in 2001 by The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University. Family Day is a national movement that informs parents that the bonding fostered during frequent family dinners is an effective tool to help keep America’s kids substance free. Dinner Makes A Difference!
When: Monday, Sept. 26, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Where: Wilbur McMahon School Cafeteria
This is a pot luck dinner. Beverages and paper products will be provided by the LC Prevention Coalition. You bring a dish to share, and enjoy time with both your family and friends!
Find more resources for Family Day here.
2. Is someone is your family gluten free? This diet can get very expensive, but we have a website that can help. GlutenFreely.com offers bulk discounts up to 20 percent and has free shipping over $40.
3. Need new fall boots? Payless is having a sale through Sept. 25. Use coupon code 54902 at payless.com or in store for 20 percent off your entire purchase.
4. I know you really don’t want to hear this but you could start Christmas shopping. Shutterfly has a Groupon deal for new Shutterfly customers. You can get an 8x8 photo book (a $29.99 value) for $10- that’s 67% off! Note; this offer is good for new customers only.
5. Groupon is also offering a deal for here in Tiverton. Barbara Donahue is offering a three tiered offer:
- For $20, you get three Pilates classes (a $42 value).
- For $30, you get six belly-dancing classes (a $70 value). Classes are transferable.
- For $50, you get a "girls night out" belly-dancing party for 10 (a $100 value).
6. I received and email from Evette alerting us to another coupon website resource. Coupon Mountain is a great website for coupons of all kinds. They have just compiled a Halloween page which can be found here.