The Most Rev. Thomas J. Tobin, bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence, will make a special visit to Tiverton on Sunday.
The Rev. Tobin will preside at the Pastor Installation Mass of Rev. Przemyslaw Lepak, who will become pastor of St. Theresa and St. Christopher Parishes.
The Mass will be celebrated on Sunday, Sept. 1, at 11 a.m., 265 Stafford Road.
The Rev. Lepak, a native of Poland, began his seminary training at the Major Seminary in Poland and then transferred to SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary in Orchard Lake, Michigan.
Following his ordination in 2006 by Bishop Tobin, the Rev. Lepak was assigned assistant pastor at St. Kevin, Warwick and then two years later to the same position at St. Brendan in Riverside.
The Rev. Lepak recently served at Our Lady of Mercy Parish as assistant pastor.
St. Christopher Church was established in 1925 by Bishop William A. Hickey for the summer residents in south Tiverton under the leadership of the Holy Ghost Fathers. Today, more than 800 parishioners worship in this faith community.
St. Theresa Church was originally built as a mission of Holy Ghost Church in north Tiverton and established as a parish in 1960. Today, more than 800 parishioners comprise this faith community.