Invite a friend
HARVEST DINNER AT SANDYWOODS
HARVEST DINNER FUNDRAISER
Sandywoods Center for the Arts
43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI
Sunday, November 4, 2012, 4:30 pm
$35, children under 12 free
BYOB if you wish
On Sunday, November 4th, Chef Stephen Gordon and a team of culinary students from Johnson & Wales University will prepare a special Harvest Dinner at Sandywoods in Tiverton. This full course dinner, to be served at 4:30 pm, will celebrate and honor the hard work of the crew at Freedom Food Farm in Johnston, RI.
Net proceeds from this benefit dinner will go to support Freedom Food Farm's operations next season. All of the Harvest Dinner's ingredients will be locally sourced, with much of the food coming from the farm itself.
Chuck Currie and the rest of the team at Freedom Food Farm are committed to helping provide fresh, healthy, organically grown produce to everyone in the community, regardless of income. To accomplish this goal of equal food access, they offer sliding scale CSA shares, and they also donate thousands of pounds of produce throughout the growing season to the Rhode Island Food Bank and local food pantries and distribution centers.
You can read more about Freedom Food Farm at www.freedomfoodfarm.com.
Please save the date and join us at this special Harvest Dinner. The cost for the entire full course meal is $35.00, and children under 12 are free. Tickets will be sold at the door starting at 3:30 pm. You are welcome to BYOB if you wish.
Should you have any further questions, you can reach Chef Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Where||Sandywoods Farm Arts and Agricultural Community 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||4:30 pm–6:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||$35.00 for full course dinner, kids under 12 free|
More About Sandywoods Farm Arts and Agricultural Community
Sandywoods Farm Arts and Agricultural Community is an intentional community in rural Tiverton. Home to fifty families, the community features the Sandywoods Gallery, the Sandywoods Center for the Arts, and the Sandywoods Community Garden and Orchard. Sandywoods presents an assortment of regularly scheduled events and activities throughout the year.
Other events here
- Roy Book Binder at Sandywoods Today, May 24, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Discover Summer Fun At Camp Sandywoods! Daily, 8:00 am–7:00 pm
- LIVE MODEL FIGURE DRAWING SESSIONS Weekly on Mondays, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- TUESDAY NIGHT OPEN MIC AT SANDYWOODS Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Zumba Class! Weekly on Wednesdays, 8:30 am–9:30 am
- Registration Open For Tiverton Foreign Language Class for Kids Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Sandywoods Farmers Market Weekly on Thursdays, 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Tiverton Library Hosts Free Author Talk & Book Signing at Sandywoods Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- One Fund Boston Benefit Concert at Sandywoods Sun, Jun 2, 10:30 am–10:30 pm
- Monthly Contra Dance at Sandywoods April 17, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / July 17, 2013 / August 21, 2013 / September 18, 2013 / October 16, 2013 / November 20, 2013 / December 18, 2013, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm