Invite a friend
Coastal Cleanup and Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort
Clean Ocean Access in partnership with Empire Tea & Coffee and Elemental Surf Shop and Living Water Surf Company hosts a coastal cleanup at South Shore Beach in Little Compton on November 10th from 12PM to 2PM. Wear boots or sturdy shoes and bring your own gloves.
After the clean up everyone is invited to a seasonal cookout at the Live Water Surf Shop from 2PM to 4PM. During this time we will also be collecting equipment and supplies to be part of a further relief effort for Hurricane Sandy impacts in NY/NJ.
Come on out for a great afternoon outside with a diverse group of people who are connected thru the coastline taking good care of the environment!
More About Quicksand Pond/Goosewing Beach Preserve
Quicksand Pond/Goosewing Beach Preserve, also known as South Shore Beach, is at the end of South Shore Road in Little Compton.
The 75-acre preserve consists of untouched shore, ponds and dunes that hail it as one of Rhode Island's most scenic places. It is overseen by The Nature Conservancy.
During the summer, the town of Little Compton manages the recreational aspects of the preserve. It asks you not to bring pets or enter the fenced areas marked with enclosures. There is a parking fee only during the summer.
Other events here
- Saturday Nature Walks at Goosewing Beach Preserve June 8, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 22, 2013 / June 29, 2013, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Explorers Program at Goosewing Beach Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Benjamin Family Environmental Center Visitor Hours Weekly on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Salt Pond Exploration with The Nature Conservancy Fri, Jul 12, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Saturday Evening Nature Walks Weekly on Saturdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm