Where To Go Sledding In Tiverton and Little Compton
We tracked down which hills catch the most speed while sledding in Tiverton and Little Compton.
The blizzard is over the sun is shining, but as of 3 p.m. on Sunday nearly all of Little Compton and about 1,400 Tiverton customers are still without power.
If you are looking to get a little enjoyment out those two feet of snow that have caused so many headaches, try heading out to one of the region's sledding hills to pass the time.
Tiverton-Little Compton Sledding Hotspots:
- Tiverton Town Hall, 343 Highland Road - The hill behind the building.
- Nonquit School, Neck Road - The hill sits beside the shuttered Nonquit School.
- Tiverton High School - Some hills out back are sled-able.
Nearby Sledding Hills:
- Potato Hill, Westport, MA
- New Bedford Country Club Golf Course, 585 Slocum Road - Inquire with the golf course before sledding.
- Kennedy Park, Fall River - Bounded by South Main Street, Bradford Avenue, Middle, and Bay Streets in the southern part of the city.
- Westport Rivers Vineyard, 417 Hixbridge Road, Westport, MA
- North Park (7 hills) in Fall River - Bounded dby President and Highland avenues and Hood Street.
If you know of other sledding spots in Tiverton and Little Compton, let us know. Better yet, send us photos of your fun times outside today! Feel free to post them below.