Weekend Planner: Little Compton's Chicken BBQ, Fireworks and More
Here are five things you should know heading into this weekend in Tiverton and Little Compton. Be sure to check our Patch calendar of events for more listings!
Saturday will be hot with a high temperature of 88. Clouds and a slight chance of rain or thunderstorms will last throughout the afternoon and evening. Be sure to check in with Patch for updates on Little Compton's annual firewords display at Veteran's Field.
Threats of thunderstorms will last through Sunday night, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Little Compton's annual Chicken Barbecue and fireworks display is on Saturday. The slow-roasted chicken comes off the grill at noon. Throughout the day there will be lots of activities on the Commons to keep kids and adults alike busy until the fireworks display at 9 p.m.
2. Natures!, a natural science store that just moved to Main Road, is celebrating its grand re-opening with tarot card and astrological readings until 5 p.m. on Saturday. Stop in for a 15-minute massage as well!
3. The Rhode Island Shakespeare Company will perform "A Midsummer Night's Dream" on the grounds of Sandywoods Farm on on Saturday and Sunday starting at 7 p.m.
4. Baseball, boats, surf, picnics.... all part of the JOYS OF SUMMER, a new exhibit at the Donovan Gallery, 3895 Main Road, Tiverton Four Corners featuring new works by Cindy
Baron and Peter Campbell.
5. The Newport Jazz festival will be sounding off all weekend at Fort Adams State Park. Check out performances by the Tedeschi Trucks Band, the Pat Metheny Unity Band with Chris Potter, Antonio Sanchez, and Ben Williams, the Maria Schneider Orchestra and more.