Monday: Busy Night For Tiverton Town Council and the Final Debate
Start your week off right this Monday, Oct. 22 in Tiverton and Little Compton.
Weather: Monday will be mostly sunny with a high near 63. Skies will stay clear throughout the night, according the National Weather Service.
1. On the agenda tonight are several contentious issues that the Tiverton Town Council will discuss at its 7 p.m. meeting at the Town Hall, 343 Highland Road, Tiverton.
- Up for ratification is the Tiverton Police officer's union contract. The union has been working without a contract since 2008 - denying raises to police officers as well as savings in healthcare copay increases and other benefits and pension concessions.
- The council will discuss an investigation recently launched into Site-Ready Materials on Eagleville Road. Residential neighbors to the waste management facility accused the business of activities not in compliance with town code after is applied for a facilities expansion earlier this year.
2. Grab your popcorn and get ready for the last presidential debate on the 2012 campaign trail. The final Obama-Romney debate in Boca Raton, Florida airs live tonight at 9 p.m. at on most major news stations and online.
3. Get in shape feel great with ExTension Exercise Training tonight at Little Compton's United Congregational Church. Class starts at 8:45 a.m. and costs $12.
4. It's trivia night at Wally's Tap House Crandall Road in Tiverton. The game starts around 8 p.m. tonight.
The rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial started peacefully, though Dr. Benjamin Spock—baby specialist, author, and outspoken critic of the war—did call President Johnson "the enemy." After the rally, the demonstrators, many waving the red, blue, and gold flag of the Viet Cong, began marching toward the Pentagon. Violence erupted when the more radical element of the demonstrators clashed with the soldiers and U.S. Marshals protecting the Pentagon.