Five Things You Need to Know: July 2
The Sakonnet Club's weekly meet-up, a quilting class, an Al-Anon meeting and a Chiropractic Clinic.
Today's Weather: Slight chance of showers (20%) with highs of 75. Dropping to 64 at night with another 20% chance of thunderstorms according to the National Weather Service.
1. The Sakonnet Club meets this afternoon at 1 p.m. on 207 Canonicus Street (the Tiverton Senior Center).
2. Also at the Senior Center, this time at 9 a.m., there will be a Quilting Class. Beginners and experienced quilters alike are welcome.
3. There will be an Al-Anon Meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Amicable Congregational Church on 3736 Main Street, also in Tiverton. "There is hope."
4. There will be a Chiropractic Clinic this morning throughout the afternoon at the Little Compton Wellness Center from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Specializing in back and neck pain. Most insurance accepted. Treatment fees beginning at $46.00.
5. Today in History: One of the more historic acts of the 1960's was signed into law today in 1964. Today, President Johnson signed the Civil Rights act.