Five Things You Need to Know: July 10
An insurance/benefits meeting, another junior explorers event, the Sakonnet Preservation annual meeting and an evening yoga class.
Today's Weather: Should be another sunny day with highs of 75. Mostly clear at night with temperatures dropping to 62 according to the National Weather Service.
1. Over at the Tiverton Senior Center, there will be: Help For Seniors: Insurance, Benefits, a program dedicated to aiding the elderly with their medical needs and coverage. Takes place this morning at 9 a.m.
2. Another Junior Explorers' Event will be taking place this morning at 9:30 a.m. at Quicksand Beach. For children ages 6-8 to learn about Rhode Island's ecosystem.
3. The Sakonnet Preservation will be having its Annual Meeting this evening at 6 p.m. at the Golf Club on 79 Sakonnet Point. Now celebrating 40 years; congratualtions to the club.
4. Lastly, there will be Tuesday Night Yoga at 7 p.m. at the Sandywoods Farm Arts and Agricultural Community of 43 Muse Way. $12 for a drop in class.
5. Today in History: It was today in 1989 that Mel Blanc, the “man of a thousand voices,” including such cartoon characters as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Porky Pig, passed away in Los Angeles.