Five Things To Know Today: Aug 6
Everything to know today in Tiverton and Little Compton.
Weather: There weill be a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 10 a.m.. It will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 85, according to the National Weather Service.
1. The Senior Community Luncheon is today at the Little Compton Senior Center in the Commons. Stop by for a wholesome meal and good conversation after 11:30 p.m.
2. Come play Stump Trivia at Wally's Tap House on Monday nights! Bring some friends and grab some food and a drink! If you've played Stump Trivia, you know just how awesome our game structure is and there are prizes for the top two teams of the night.
Game starts around 8pm, so get there a little early to get a good seat!
3. Are you a political candidate in the upcoming election? Tiverton-Little Compton Patch is doing profiles of every candidate running for public office in the two towns. Contact Editor Erin Tiernan at email@example.com to get started.
4. Don't forget to cast your vote. The Readers Choice voting continues through Aug. 17. Don't miss the chance to show just how much there is to celebrate about our town: great family-friendly activities and great local businesses.
5. On this day in 1945, at 8:16 a.m. Japanese time, an American B-29 bomber, the Enola Gay, drops the world's first atom bomb, over the city of Hiroshima. Approximately 80,000 people are killed as a direct result of the blast, and another 35,000 are injured. At least another 60,000 would be dead by the end of the year from the effects of the fallout.