Five Things: Newport Author Gives Talk at Sandywoods
See what's happening around Tiverton and Little Compton this Wednesday, May 30.
1. After a night of rainfall, Wednesday's weather has a chance of rain in the early afternoon and patchy fog in the morning. The day will be mostly cloudly with a high fo 76 degrees.
2. Tiverton Library Services & Sandywoods Farm hosts "A Walk in the Woods Takes a Walk in the Water," a book talk by local author Mike Freeman, at 6:30 p.m. His recently published book Drifting: Two Weeks on the Hudson offers a candid account of the author’s trip and an introspective and humorous look at both the river and Recession-Era America.
3. The caregiver support group meets at the Nancy Brayton Osborn Adult Day Center in Little Compton at 2 p.m.
4. Applications for the Anthony Raposa Educational Fund Scholarship and the Doris E. Simmons Memorial Scholarship are now available to high school seniors who are Little Compton residents. See more information here.
5. On May 30, 1859 Westminster's Big Ben rings for the first time in London.