5 Things: Music at Sakonnet Vineyards, Tai Chi and Trading
Five things to keep in mind on Thursday in Tiverton and Little Compton.
Weather: It will be sunny with a high near 77 today and skies will remain clear into the night, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Check out Gary Farias tonight at the Sakonnet Vineyard's summer music series. Head to the vineyard's lawn off of West Main Road in Little Compton and enjoy an evening with the live folk, acoustic rock music of Gary Farias. Food and drink are available and entry costs $10 per carload.
2. Tai Chi classes cost $15 per student today at the ABC Studio at Four Corners Fitness on Main Road in Tiverton.
3. The Trinity Trader Shop is open today from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. today. The consignment store is managed by the Holy Trinity Curch located at 1956 Main Road in Tiverton.
4. Start your day spinning with Diana. The ABC Studio at Four Corners Fitness. Classes cost $15 per student and start at $15.
5. On this day in 1967, Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. He would remain on the Supreme Court for 24 years before retiring for health reasons, leaving a legacy of upholding the rights of the individual as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.